Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Campaign for activity

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    one answer to the question

The NBB.

that is what is on record as being one of the three most active (non random) subforums here.

that, and the new series threads.

generally, we've all come to this site for love hina, and stayed for the new release disscussiona nd general pervyness. which is why i stay. and i'm going to try to bring Arii back too.

if you want a look into my life in song and video form:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4yI...caAHTwotIAAUAA

Aniki is my King Ebenezer Shittingway's Avatar
    If we delete the NBB, I guarantee 90% of you will lose your virginity.

Seriously kids, THEY ARE NOT REAL.

Hinata-Sou Resident
    A mix of real and 2D? How does that sound? Again thinking along the lines of Sankaku, that might appeal to a greater demographic...

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    ok ebenezer.. i understand he who should not be named has posted, making you angry. please do not try to disguise the truth with your anger.

Hina heads up the NBB for all intents and purposes.

Hinata-Sou Resident
    Aeris, what are you even talking about now? We know who runs the NBB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Shittingway View Post
    Seriously kids, THEY ARE NOT REAL.
    who asked you? Leave us to dwell in our fantasy lands

Quote Originally Posted by Betong Åsna View Post
    A mix of real and 2D? How does that sound? Again thinking along the lines of Sankaku, that might appeal to a greater demographic...
    but then again Sankaku isn't doing that bad. Can we do as well or better, and draw people in to the idea?

Aeris, what are you even talking about now? We know who runs the NBB.
    Yes. Silas. After he turned his back on his original "down with Love Hina hentai" idea he took over the reins of the perverts collective

Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    [...]pretty epic in terms of epicness

Quote Originally Posted by hinarei View Post
    Yes. Silas. After he turned his back on his original "down with Love Hina hentai" idea he took over the reins of the perverts collective
    Good times I remember Ryo being so excited. I think Aeris would throw quite a fit if it turned out I was the leader of the NBB P Also check out the poll results!

Blog Entries
    I think I would throw quite the fit if you were revealed as the power bleeder Ryo threw himself quite vigorously into the movement against your campaign, and I think made one of the earliest mentions of Big Boss on here

Sadly very few poll results can now be taken literally, what with all the disruption the site's faced over time. Specially those ones which have Naru as top "favourite Hinata Girl" or anything like that

Noticed Aeris' blog entry (no idea why it needed to be a blog and not be posted in here, but we do need all the help we can get in the creative department. If anyone has skills in design or advertising and promoting sites and what have you, these will come in very useful... later.

The way I see it, we need to come up with what it is we want to talk about first and get the pretty stuff done to back it up a little later on. This place needs a lick of paint every once in a while, but what it needs most is a theme we can run with, an enthusiastic pocket of people driving that, and activity, activity, activity.

NBB is active, but only relatively Me, Aeris, Kataja, a little Miroku and a smattering of spam from mashinobuangelman could be something to build on...

What do we do, folks?

Hinata-Sou Resident
    As I mentioned somewhere or other, I think we should consider making a site, and keeping the forum as part of the site. Have a proper front page and what have you.

Blog Entries
    knowing what to do with a site though, that's the deal I am in no doubt it can be done, and we could still have the forum as part of whatever the site turns out to be...

(have to have a look into the CMS settings. At the moment, the top-level redirects to a content URL which displays the Forum News subforum posts (since the initial upgrade) in the specific CMS layout. We could make a blog using this, but I'm not sure what else.)

As I mentioned somewhere or other, I think we should consider making a site, and keeping the forum as part of the site. Have a proper front page and what have you.
    It's one thing to have a site, it's something else to have a site people would actually bother to look at. So what we should put there?

Hinata-Sou Resident
    Reviews, thought-provoking posts, Kata's blogs ... erm ... your music? oh god i don't know

Reviews, thought-provoking posts, Kata's blogs ... erm ... your music? oh god i don't know
    Maybe that's really the main-topic if we want a new boost of activity.

Blog Entries
    Please give me your analyses on why the blogs section never had a real kickstart. I mean, there has been a handful of people posting both quantity and quality over time, but the low numbers of comments in most blogs have always surprised me.

How do we expect others to read our blogs if they do not provoke thoughts even among our own core group? Is it more a question of marketing (i.e. very few people even know those blogs exist) or trends (our blogs simply do not speak to any wider audience of today, even a niche one)?

"I'm back an' I got a bigger gat!" (Sir Mix-a-Lot)

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    I think the primary focus of a reboot should be new anime discussion/ announcement. like ANN(anime news network) but free-er, and more fluid. if a show comes out, an anouncement is made on the main page, and in the forums a discussion topic is started. after some user reviews, it should be voted into a specific category. but most importantly, we can split the review sections up a bit... rate it on nosebleed, story, characters, get other's opinions, then post them.

then, from there we can expand, keep the nosebleed brigade, and certain other active brigades, i know personally i'd want to keep the RPInc, but that's up to vote, as far as a site map, it should start with the home page, then wiki, then archive of older series(series that were user voted in to this"hall of fame") and a list of forum users to contact.

Hinata-Sou Resident
    So ... exactly what we have now, but with a load of empty threads about anime no one's watching? Not sure about that one.

Finally watched Twilight
    Blog Entries
    betong, if we want to revamp the site we need to build on ideas, not utterly dismiss them.

if you have a way where it would work, but different than me, go right ahead .... shoot your ideas out.

perhaps when a thread becomes inactive for a while, it should be voted into the archive or into the trash forum. this will prevent necro posting on bad threads, keep the 11 pages or threads out of a subforum, and provide a place where we can go to look up older series, the trash forum (name tentative) would be a place for the thread where a series hasn't met with good ratings or whatnot.

the archive will be a place where classics are kept, diehard fans of the series can continue to post, and where new users(heavens not the potiential for new users!) can find all the series that have been voted as good, these should be tagged, searchable, and moderated. When a newer series is ADDED to the archive, it should be an event, the archive forum should get a default skin that lets someone know there is new goodness here.

the main forum will be where the new series, series still running, and series being voted on will be, as well as assorted videogame discssion forums and the like. when a series is introduced, it should be treated as a brigade. a finger on the pulse of ANN or some other sites would be helpful.
    1. an image thread
    2. synopis thread(spoilers inside? or just a teaser?)
    3. Voting poll, must have watched show, (quiz?)
    4. Discussion(maybe we can combine with synopsis, but we want character discussion, likes and dislikes, etc.

when the voting poll ends is when the thread loses activity. once it ends, the synopsis(Original post) of the series is added to the first post of the image thread, and the voting poll combined with discussion thread, and placed in one of two places.

voting yes- subforum in the archive.
    voting no- dump it in the trash forum.

then on to the next series.

there could be hundreds of series on here already, we can put the ones like love hina, negima, and others that have a strong following into the archive, and dump most of the smaller series into the trash section.
    Last edited by Aeris; 19 Oct 2011 at 11:18 am.

Blog Entries
    Thats a good idea.

I will Beat you into a Bloody pulp now,
    And ask Questions later.

Hinata-Sou Resident
    These are good ideas - something a little bit different, it seems - but all of this is a pretty grand undertaking for a forum with this many users. We'd need to start out a bit smaller, I reckon, and build up to a system like this.

Blog Entries
    I'm for restarting, as something smaller for awhile, but somehow saving some of the old stuff?

Off the top of my head I can state that Manga/Anime/Video Games/Chat Threads should definitely be open. Always. lol.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information